In Hawaiʻi, the force that creates the honua (earth) is called Pele. This workshop will look at Pelehonuamea.
If youʻve ever been curious about the Pele stories and a Hawaiʻi perspective of Pele then this workshop is definitely for you !
We will look at the basics of the Pele in relation to the environment as well as the connections Pele has to particular traditions of Hawaiʻi.
In this 2 hour workshop you will learn:
- A kāʻao (story) of the Pele voyage from Kahiki to Hawaiʻi and how Kāʻao or ancient stories of Pele can bring perspective to the NOW.
- One (1) chant that relates to Pele in Hawaiʻi.
You will also receive :
- Pelehonuamea journal (pdf downlaod)
- Modern mele (song) created during the lava flow. (audio download)
Date: Saturday, July 18, 2020
Via Zoom (link will be sent to your email)
*Please provide a working email to attend Zoom workshop and receive all workshop materials.
* For current Puna residents on the island of Hawaiʻi (Big Island), please email Leah for more information on the workshop at ascpuna.programs@ gmail.com and she will respond through email.